July 1st, 2017, was the last day of The Sacred Heart of Herbalism Level 2 Training.
Karine Gordineer of Green Girl Herbs & Healing taught an 8-month long series working with herbalism in the way it was originally taught; infused with the Spirits of the Plants. Native Peoples believe that to truly possess the healing powers of a plant one must be introduced to the Spirit of that Plant and be honored with its healing gifts.
This 8 month training series included:
- learning the healing properties of over 100 medicinal plants
- working with plants for their healing properties
- herbal remedy making, expert techniques and formulation
- local plant identification
- basic botany terminology
- building your materia medica
- making an herbarium
- learning aboutplant energetics
- herbal gardening and design
- the sacred plants of power and how to work with them
- introduction to the Native American Medicine Wheel
- the shamanic journey and Sacred Dreaming
- creating a medicine bundle
- discovering personal plant allies
- sustainable herbalism
- materials to make a year’s worth of remedies
- a one-year membership to United Plant Savers*
- discounts on herbs and healing sessions
At the end of the 8 month series, students had acquired a solid foundation to work with herbs medicinally and are able to make their own herbal remedies in the form of infusions, decoctions, tea blends, oils, salves, flower essences, tinctures, and syrups.
May Peace Prevail On Earth for All Life on Earth!